- 2-3 changes of shirts, levis, ETC.
- 1 pair of sturdy boots ( suitable for riding & hiking)
- 1 pair of tennis shoes
- 1 medium weight jacket
- *1 vest, sweater or light weight jacket
- *Rain gear, (NO ponchos please, they spook the horses when the wind blows)
- *Pepper spray
- *Small water bottle (20 – 30 oz)
- *Hat or cap for sun & rain protection
- *Flashlight (pocket size) with extra batteries
- *Sunscreen, skin cream, insectrepellent
- *Sun glasses, camera
- Washcloth & towel
- Mid weight sleeping bag (can be rented here if necessary), air mattress or thermo rest type pad.
- Please pack * items on top as you will need them on your saddle from the start.
NYMPHS AND WET FLIES
|Adams flashbak 10, 12||Adams 12, 14|
|Bitch creek 6, 8||Black gnat 10, 12|
|*Elk hair caddis 10, 12||*Blue dun 12, 14|
|*Hares ear 12, 14||Coachman|
|*Muddlers 6, 8, 10||Royal coachman 10,12|
|Rubber leg stone 6, 8||*Dry caddis 10, 12|
|*Egg imitations (glow bug) 10||Foam beetle 12, 14|
|Wet coachman 10, 12||*Hoppers 8, 10|
|*Wollybuger 8, 10||*Humpies 10, 12|
|Wollyworm 8, 10||Double humpies 6|
|Zonkers 8, 10||(Orange, yellow, black, grey)|
|Zuk bug 8, 10||Irresistible 12, 14|
|Strike indicators||*Morning & evening dun 12, 14|
|*Mosquito 12, 14|
|*Olive dun 12, 14|
|Parachutes 12, 14|
|Royal humpies 10, 12|
|Fly flotant solution||Royal trude 10, 12|
|Fly & leader sinking solution||*Trude 10, 12|
|Wulff & royal wulff 10, 12|
|* Indicates most consistent producers.||Egg sucking leaches|
|*Green, grey, brown Drakes10,12|
- 8-9 foot ( 4 piece pack rods are best)
- Line: 5-6 weight
- Leaders: 4 –5x (3-4x for August lake fishing)
- Sturdy rod case( pack mules love crunchy snappy rod cases!!)
- Rooster tail
- Panther martin
- Golden willow
- Weight 1/16 –1/8 oz.
- Colors, rainbow, orange, pink, red, yellow, black spotted, orange/black, pink/black & yellow/black
- Rods 5’ –6’ (3-4 lb test for August lake fishing)
- Wyoming fishing license & conservation stamp (These can be obtained from the Wyoming Fish & Game department, Cheyenne, WY 83002. (307) 777-4600.
- Polarized fishing glasses
- Vest or fanny pack
- Forceps or needle nose pliers ( for debarbing hooks & fish releasing.)
- Line – leader nippers
- Waders, lightweight or featherlite boot foot waders seem to work best. Waders are necessary in June & early July. Late July & August we use waders or fish in tennis shoes.
*Make sure you have the essential items but please don’t bring your entire tackle box out of the basement!!(Keep size & weight down when possible.)
Pack your gear in duffle bags of 24” or less in length. Two smaller bags of equal weight are a lot easier for us to pack on the mules than one large bag.
A good portion of your trip will be spent on horseback. If at all possible please try to get in some riding hours in the weeks and days before your trip. This riding time will help condition the muscles you use while riding & will help you feel more comfortable & confident around our livestock. If you ride in a guided or supervised situation it is a good idea to ask about safety practices while riding & working with horses.